PDF Version Available Here
Spanish Version Available Here
LETTER FROM THE PRINCIPAL
October 9, 2020
Quite a few new items are in the bulletin this Friday, several different parent workshops, Spirit Week, more details for the Halloween event, a note from Mrs. Madura regarding attendance and a make up picture date! Very happy to be back in my house and enjoying the daily improving air quality. Hope you are all doing well.
NAVIGATING ONLINE PLATFORMS-FOR PARENTS
Join us for two different workshops that are being used for Distant Learning. The TK-2nd grade workshop will focus on SeeSaw and the 3rd-6th grade workshop will focus on Google Classroom.
Click here for more information.
MAKEUP PICTURE DAY
The make up picture day will be on Wednesday, November 4th, from 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm.
OCTOBER SPIRIT WEEK
Check out the district wide Spirit Week planned for the week of 10/26-10/30. It looks like fun!
On Friday 10/30, beginning at 12:00, we will have a Halloween Costume ‘Show’ and candy distribution.
Directions for Parents and students:
1. Park in the main parking lot and be careful walking across the parking lot to the front of the school.
2. Please come dressed in your Halloween costume. Remember your mask and social distancing.
3. Make sure your costume is school appropriate, no weapons or gore.
4. Please come at the designated time for your grade level. Students can receive one piece of candy from each teacher they visit.
If you have students in multiple grade levels either choose a grade level to participate with (may or may not see their teacher) or bring each child during their grade level time.
TK/K: 12:00-12:30, 1st-2nd: 12:30-1:00
3rd-4th: 1:00-1:30, 5th-6th: 1:30-2:00
Click on the link below to purchase San Miguel spirit wear. There are some great choices available here.
COUNSELOR HOSTED PARENT WORKSHOP
Our second parent workshop, Setting Expectations and Finding Balance During Distance Learning, is being held next Wednesday, October 14, from 6pm to 7pm and Thursday, October 15, from 2pm to 3pm.
Parent Workshop #2 – English Version
Parent Workshop #2 – Spanish Version
Question: Do I still need to notify the school office when my child is absent?
Answer: Yes, every day. Our school Office Manager is still accepting calls and emails about your child’s attendance. It is important that absences are reported to her for proper documentation. Please communicate directly with Sue Madura about absences: email@example.com or (707) 524-2960.
DISTANCE LEARNING SOCIAL GROUPS
Our district counselors and trainees are holding meetings with Distance Learning Social Groups. If you think your child may benefit, please click on the link below
Flyer – English
Flyer – Espanol
STUDENTS MAY CHECK OUT LIBRARY BOOKS
We are so excited to have students check out books! Here are the steps needed to check out books from San Miguel library:
1) Browse the online library catalog, click here: https://search.follettsoftware.com/metasearch/ui/24106
2) Click on the Search Options button or type in a keyword in the search bar. You can look for books by A.R. level for example 0.1 – 2.5 (do not forget the decimal point), grade level etc., via the search option. The ‘most recent’ tab on the top right corner leads to the newest books added to the library. Write down the name of the book and the call number (author’s name for fiction and number for non-fiction) you want to check out plus an optional book if we can not get your first choice.
3) Once your student has chosen a book(s), go to https://forms.gle/njQyHENRopSXdxS46 and sign up to have the book checked out.
The book will be in your materials pick up on the next Wednesday you are assigned to pick up. Please note: only students who are in good library standing will be able to check out books. Notices have been sent to parents/guardians with overdue books. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
10/14/20 Lunch Hand out
10/21/20 Student Materials Handout
10/21/20 Lunch Hand out
10/28/20 Lunch Hand out
10/30/20 – Halloween Event
11/4/20 Make up Picture Day 2:00-4:30
11/4/20 Student materials pick up day
11/4/20 Lunch hand out
11/11/20 – Veteran’s Day – Holiday
11/23-11/27 – Thanksgiving Break