Meal Program Information
The Mark West Union School District is excited to introduce some important updates to our food program for the 2022-2023 school year:
- Meals are free to all students this year!
- Beginning this year, we have implemented a School Breakfast Program. Breakfast will be served during morning recess, each school day. Students will have the opportunity to order breakfast and lunch during morning attendance.
- Due to the implementation of the State of California’s Universal Meals Program, all meals for students are free again for the 2022-2023 school year. No application is required to receive this free meal benefit. However, by completing the National School Lunch Program application, you can assist in providing valuable funding for your student’s school. In addition, your child(ren) may qualify for additional benefits such as reduced fees for internet service, or the Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT); a federal, temporary, emergency nutrition benefit that is loaded onto electronic cards for families to use to purchase food.
Please take a moment to complete the meal application by accessing our online application in English or Espanol or, by completing the PDF application noted below and returning it to your school office. If you do not have computer/printer accessibility, paper copies are available in the school office.
Thank you for taking the time to complete and submit this important document –
- 22-23 English Application (PDF)
- 22-23 Spanish Application (PDF)
- 22-23 English Nonpricing Letter to Household & Instructions
- 22-23 Spanish Nonpricing Letter to Household & Instructions
Nutritional Fact Sheets
- Nutritional Facts will be provided soon.