PDF Version Available Here
Spanish Version Available Here
LETTER FROM THE PRINCIPAL
October 16, 2020
I hope you are able to attend the parent workshops next week (see details below). They focus on the learning platforms that your children are using. I hope you are well and please hang in there!
COLLECT BOX TOPS FOR $
Download the Box Tops for Education app on your phone
Sign Up for an account
Agree to Terms
Find our School (Enter our zip code 95403 and scroll down to click on SAN MIGUEL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL)
Click the arrow pointing to the right located on the bottom right corner
Enter your birthdate and zip code (do not enter anything in for referral code)
The app will then go through instructions on how to scan receipts. Encourage everyone to go through their past receipts and scan in their receipt after every grocery shopping experience.
Let me know if you have any questions! Nicole Humber
NAVIGATING ONLINE PLATFORMS-FOR PARENTS
Join us for two different workshops that are being used for Distant Learning. The TK-2nd grade workshop will focus on SeeSaw and the 3rd-6th grade workshop will focus on Google Classroom. 10/21 and 10/22
Click here for more information and the Zoom links:
In English: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fhWx42gRkY5J5MaKlbYvPPwts-Aona6X/view?usp=sharing
In Spanish: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F4Ppcg9Egl-SO-LASNeqEUBWPiQD3W0D/view?usp=sharing
At the end of the newsletter, you can click on the zoom links.
MAKEUP PICTURE DAY
The make up picture day will be on Wednesday, November 4th, from 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm.
Question: Do I still need to notify the school office when my child is absent?
Answer: Yes, every day. Our school Office Manager is still accepting calls and emails about your child’s attendance. It is important that absences are reported to her for proper documentation. Please communicate directly with Sue Madura about absences: email@example.com or (707) 524-2960.
OCTOBER SPIRIT WEEK
Check out the district wide Spirit Week planned for the week of 10/26-10/30. It looks like fun!
On Friday 10/30, beginning at 12:00, we will have a Halloween Costume ‘Show’ and candy distribution.
Directions for Parents and students:
1. Park in the main parking lot and be careful walking across the parking lot to the front of the school.
2. Please come dressed in your Halloween costume. Remember your mask and social distancing.
3. Make sure your costume is school appropriate, no weapons or gore.
4. Please come at the designated time for your grade level. Students can receive one piece of candy from each teacher they visit. If you have students in multiple grade levels either choose a grade level to participate with (may or may not see their teacher) or bring each child during their grade level time.
TK/K: 12:00-12:30, 1st-2nd: 12:30-1:00
3rd-4th: 1:00-1:30, 5th-6th: 1:30-2:00
Click on the link below to purchase San Miguel spirit wear. There are some great choices available here.
10/21/20 Student Materials Handout
10/21/20 Lunch Hand out
10/21-10/22 Parent Workshops
10/26-10/30 Spirit Week
10/27/20 Parent Meeting 5:30
10/28/20 Lunch Hand out
10/30/20 – Halloween Event
11/4/20 Make up Picture Day 2:00-4:30
11/4/20 Student materials pick up day
11/4/20 Lunch hand out
11/11/20 – Veteran’s Day – Holiday
11/23-11/27 – Thanksgiving Break
DISTANCE LEARNING SOCIAL GROUPS
Our district counselors and trainees are holding meetings with Distance Learning Social Groups. If you think your child may benefit, please click on the link below
Flyer – English
Flyer – Espanol
STUDENTS MAY CHECK OUT LIBRARY BOOKS
We are so excited to have students check out books! Here are the steps needed to check out books from San Miguel library:
1) Browse the online library catalog, click here: https://search.follettsoftware.com/metasearch/ui/24106
2) Click on the Search Options button or type in a keyword in the search bar. You can look for books by A.R. level for example 0.1 – 2.5 (do not forget the decimal point), grade level etc., via the search option. The ‘most recent’ tab on the top right corner leads to the newest books added to the library. Write down the name of the book and the call number (author’s name for fiction and number for non-fiction) you want to check out plus an optional book if we can not get your first choice.
3) Once your student has chosen a book(s), go to https://forms.gle/njQyHENRopSXdxS46 and sign up to have the book checked out. The book will be in your materials pick up on the next Wednesday you are assigned to pick up. Please note: only students who are in good library standing will be able to check out books. Notices have been sent to parents/guardians with overdue books. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Workshop – Navigating Seesaw and Google Classroom Platforms
Wednesday, October 21
3:00pm – For parents of TK-2nd grade students with a focus on Seesaw
Meeting ID: 899 9770 9552
4:00pm – For parents of 3rd-6th grade students with a focus on Google Classroom
Meeting ID: 884 5796 3266
Taller para Padres – Navegacion de las plataformas Seesaw y Google Classroom
Jueves, 22 de octobre
3:00pm – Para padres de estudiantes en TK-2nd con enfoque en Seesaw
Meeting ID: 847 1052 5742
4:00pm – Para padres de estudiantes en 3rd-6th con enfoque en Google Classroom
Meeting ID: 890 5991 2453